Secretary of State Rex Tillerson blamed Myanmar’s security forces and “local vigilantes” for what he called “intolerable suffering” by the Rohingya.
No one would ever call this surrender, but that is exactly what it is. Bravo to Rex Tillerson and Donald Trump. We should have surrendered long ago. Make peace with the Taliban. It is our last best hope of getting out of Afghanistan.
The only other prospect we face in this debacle is to endure decades of insurrection propping up the most corrupt government in the world, perhaps with the exception of Pakistan. Afgahanistan has resisted invasion by other governments for hundreds of years. To them, we are merely the newest in a long line.
Pakistan does not want us to win. A weak Afghanistan works for them. They have India to contend with, and that is enough. Better that Afghanistan remain a country at war with itself. Better that the Taliban return Afghanistan to a stone-culture they can safely ignore.
Had we let Russia turn Afghanistan into a communist nation, perhaps, like VietNam, they would now be our trading partners.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson went to Kabul and Baghdad today as he tries to help wind down two ongoing conflicts. On his trip, he told reporters that the fight against the Taliban must continue, but that there is an opening for certain parts of the group.
Source: NPR Politics
Secretary Of State Tillerson Says There Are Moderate Voices Among The Taliban
Dear Leader Kim Jung Un may be more than a personality cult leader. Donald Trump is a personality cult leader of sorts. It is a bad combination of anger and madness, but does one leader harbor thoughts that are darker?
Money corrupts Congress, and other things. Businesses that play fast and loose with anyone willing to play, are bad enough. The same wheeling and dealing in the White House is a danger. That is why we vet people in power. Trouble is, playing fast and loose originates from the top of this administration.
From US News-
Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of Donald Trump, who acts as his senior White House adviser, secured a multimillion-dollar Manhattan real estate deal with a Soviet-born oligarch whose company was cited in a major New York money laundering case now being probed by members of Congress.
If you can find a common enemy, the faithful will forget your shortcomings.
In the first six months of President Donald Trump’s tenure, the US has ramped up military operations in trouble spots across the globe and is preparing to do more.
The real estate deals go back to 2002, and who knows, even before. All the kids were involved. Does the family need to declare dual-citizenship?
Bayrock partnered with the future president and his two eldest children, Donald Jr. and Ivanka, on a series of real-estate deals between 2002 and about 2011, the most prominent being the troubled Trump Soho hotel and condominium in Manhattan.
We are sure the DHS is thrilled, not to mention the rest of the intel community. The country that hacked your last election wants to share intel about hacking with you. Hmmm.
Is there any segment of our government or society that Russians are not welcome by this administration? Is there nothing that Russia can do wrong? With each new revelation, the reaction from the White House is to defend Russia and blame someone else. Something is wrong.
The Trump administration is still open to a cyber dialogue with Russia — despite having no plans to form the joint U.S.-Russian election security team that President Donald Trump floated to much disbelief last weekend.
It ain’t pretty. Seems this meeting dwarfed the inaugural crowd.
Benjamin Netanyahu’s former defense minister tells CNN he believes the Israeli Prime Minister will be indicted on corruption charges.
Let’s recap the successes of Donald Trump as we near the 100 day mark of this remarkable administration.
- Your air is less protected
- So are your streams
- Your water is less protected
- You can shoot bears while they are sleeping
- You can’t see who meets with the President every day
- No one in the administration knows anything about government
- You are about to pay more for healthcare than you ever did with Obamacare
- You are about to lose coverage for pre-existing conditions
- The deficit is spiraling out of control
- Research against cancer is on the chopping block
- You have no fiduciary relationship with your broker
- Wall Street is trying to take over Social Security
- Poor kids don’t get breakfast
- White nationalists feel more empowered than ever before
- One third of the first 100 days have been spent playing golf
- Executive orders, the scourge of conservatism are now commonplace
- You first amendment rights are under attack
- Chinese steel is bigger than ever
- Mexico won’t even talk about the wall
- We are losing jobs by the millions in retail
- People with usable skills are being forced away from the US
- The trade imbalance is still robust
- Renewables are out. Coal is in.
- The President refuses to show his taxes
- The FBI is investigating the Administration for possible collusion with Russia
- Afghanistan is heating up
- North Korea is heating up
- Iran is heating up
…and so many more, we lose count.
The President is correct. A lot has been accomplished in 100 days. This isn’t an administraion. This is an insane asylum.